A well-respected company and leader in the food packaging world is looking for a strong and experienced senior-level Site Director. Given the size and scope (1.5MK sq ft, about 1500 employees), the right new leader must be an experienced leader of leaders, with strong abilities in developing people, communication skills, holding the team accountable, and managing change. Respectful, collaborative, and the ability to motivate the team is the desired leadership style and approach. Critical focus areas center around safety, quality, and continuous improvement with experience in driving Lean Six Sigma.
Their core technology is thermoforming and experience in that process and equipment is ideal and, in this case, specifically with paper products. With a family style culture (a “big company that acts small”), their size (multiple plants around the country and world) and vertical integration (they manufacture their own sheet extrusion formulations, design and build custom equipment, and more), it allows for broad career growth and advancement – as their low attrition demonstrates. Oh, and they have a strong total compensation plan and an amazing relocation package!
- Bachelor’s degree (Chemical, Plastics, Industrial, Mechanical or similar technical degree) and a minimum of 10 years in site leadership (leading leaders); previous experience leading over 750 employees
- Thermoforming manufacturing experience is ideal; food packaging/plastics/paper experience is acceptable
- Strong history of delivering results in safety, quality, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience in leveraging A3, visual workplace, and similar tools from Lean Six Sigma
- Proven ability to successfully lead a large organization
Share our job with others
Love what you see? Share it with your connections now.