🎃We couldn’t decide which costume looked best on Georgia Ruth, so we tried them ALL! 🎃
A few fun facts about Halloween
- Origin: We can thank the Celts for Halloween, which originated as a Celtic Fire Festival to recognize the end of the harvest season. According to our favorite calendar site nationaltoday.com, the Celts “were ancient people who lived in the areas of modern-day Ireland, northern France, and in the UK“.
- Pumpkins: Believe it or not, the original version of our modern-day jack-o-lantern was a turnip! It was believed that the original jack-o-lantern represented the souls of the dead.
- Costumes: With a whopping $1.7 billion dollars spent on costumes in 2022, it’s obvious that everyone loves to dress up on Halloween. The most popular costumes for dogs are pumpkins, hot dogs, and bats. The best human costumes this year? Barbie, Wednesday of the Addams Family, Spiderman, and Bluey!
- Treats: The average American spends nearly $100 on candy every year. The most popular Halloween candy by rank are M&Ms, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, and Skittles!
- Movies: Looking for some great scary movies to watch – without the touted gore & violence? Check out this list from Good Housekeeping, which provides a wide range of flicks, from toddler-friendly with no monsters, ghosts, or ghouls all the way to scary “non-horror” movies for tweens & teens. Our favorites are classics like “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” and the original “Ghostbusters“.
No matter what costume you’re wearing, what candy you’re consuming, or what movie you’re watching, we wish you a SAFE and SWEET Halloween!
📸 Special thanks to our daughter, who is a fabulous photographer AND budding graphic designer! Her creative touch with our pup, Georgia Ruth, is magical indeed!
Share our post with others
Love what you see? Share it with your connections now.